- 8 slices Sugardale Bacon
- 2 cups sweet or vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 - 9” frozen store-bought pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Swiss or Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, fry bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels and allow to cool. Reserve 1 Tbsp. of bacon drippings in skillet.
- Place 2 cups of thinly sliced onion into skillet with bacon drippings and saute over medium heat until soft and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside. Meanwhile, chop the bacon into 1” pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Then, whisk in heavy cream until combined. Mix in 1/2 cup each of the shredded cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread the caramelized onions over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Top with half of the chopped bacon. Pour the egg, cream and cheese mixture into pie crust.
- Top quiche with remaining shredded cheese. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until quiche is golden brown and center is set. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving