1 lb. elbow macaroni
6 oz. Smoked Gouda cheese, finely shredded
1 pkg. Sugardale Ready Bacon®, prepared, chopped/crumbled
3 Tbsp. butter
1 3/4 cups milk
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, for topping
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. flour
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook the elbow macaroni as directed on package. Drain & set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour to the butter and cook it until slightly thickened. Stir constantly with spoon or wisk.
- Add the milk to the flour and butter mixture as well as a dash of salt and pepper. Continue to stir this mixture until it gets hot and thickens.
- Remove from heat and add in the shredded cheese, stirring until fully melted. Stir in the crumbled bacon pieces.
- Pour the cooked pasta into a large, greased casserole dish.
- Pour the melted cheese mixture over the pasta and mix together well.
- Sprinkle the top of the pasta with the parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until bubbly and brown.